We have hit a very big benchmark by reaching 28 weeks safely. By making it this far we are almost out of the woods with the risk of twin to twin transfusion. The high risk Dr said he has never seen a case after 28 weeks but will continue to monitor until birth. Also, with each day and week that passes the babies are gaining weight and have a 90% chance of survival at 28 weeks and of those 90% with no issues. Obviously we are praying we won't deliver for at least another 4-6 weeks. Best news yet was that all three were about the same weight, with the twins being 2 lbs and 12 oz and the girl 2lbs and 10 oz. This was 3/4 lb weight gain in 2 weeks! I was very nervous since the previous week my OB had suggested me gaining more weight. I questioned the high risk Dr about this suggestion and he said that actually all three of the babies are in the 68th percentile for the weight of a SINGLETON pregnancy, that they are actually above average in weight than a person carrying one!!!My OB is going to be very happy to hear the news this week. These babies are doing awesome and are just taking everything from their momma!!
I am still doing very very good, have done more resting this week like I promised myself except a big outing on Thursday with my best friend and fellow photographer, Kristin. We had a very successful day at Jo Ann Fabrics and Marshalls looking for new photography props! Kristin will be taking my friend,Jenny, little triplet girls pictures in a few weeks.It is a photographers dream to do triplets, and the fact that they are mine make it even more special.I have so many ideas and can't wait to show off my sons and daughter!!! Brian and I are predicting that the boys will look like me and Emery and the girl will look like Ava. It is so fun to imagine who and what they are going to look like!
Keep the prayers coming that I have more uneventful weeks ahead and that they go by very,very fast!
Heather
No comments:
Post a Comment