So I went back for my second ultrasound, I didn't bring Brian because we were thinking we wouldn't be ones with the small chance of seeing anything different.
I lay on the table while the US tech starts the exam. Immediately I see one large sac on the screen with two circles in it. She begins to explain the two circles are identical twins inside one sac. I start crying, saying I'm just so happy. Both had made it!!!!
She then continues the exam showing me a second sac with one circle in it!!! OMG I AM HAVING TRIPLETS!!! My hearts starts beating faster and the only thing that came to mind is what is Brian going to say? She did her measurements and said that everything looked great. I walked out of the exam room and waited over and hour to talk to Dr Lu.
While sitting there trying to wrap my head around three, a million things run through my head. I think back to the day Brian did his spreadsheet that said we had a less than 1 percent chance of triplets. I thought, well we just won the lottery!
I spoke with the Dr who was a little surprised, and said we have a less than 50 percent chance of all 3 having heartbeats and making it. Well, with our luck, I would think that we have a pretty high chance of having 3 make it! We needed to wait another week to see heartbeats. Waiting never ends!
We have now since had two healthy heartbeat ultrasounds. It seems as though the twins are growing in their own amniotic sacs, not 100 percent sure, but they feel pretty good about what they are seeing. I have now switched over to my OB and also seeing a High Risk Dr.
I am now 8 and half weeks pregnant, but look like I am 3-4 months!! This has been a very quick growing process and it's a little bit scary to think what my body will look like in a few months!! I have had nausea everyday, but it seems if I eat frequently it is better. I am also extremly exaughsted!!! It makes me a little sad to not be able to have the energy to take the girls to the park, zoo or even play with them much at home. I feel I am either sick or laying in bed. Luckily, the girls have spent lots of time with the Grandmas and cousins.
The girls are excited about the babies. I don't think they really understand that there will be 3!! Ava said "that's going to be a lot of work"!! I quickly agreed with her and asked her is she would "buddy" up with one of them and help take care of it. She said she would, but not change poopy diapers! She is hoping for a boy, and Emery wants a girl. We hope they both get what they want!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment