I have hit 10 weeks, only 22 more weeks to go!! I had my first visit with a High Risk Dr at Women's Hospital in Baton Rouge. It was very informative, most in which I was prepared for and had already read up on. I started off having an ultrasound. We were able to see all three heartbeats and all three were measuring the same, 3cm. The identical twins do have their own sacs which is great news. After the ultrasound the Dr came in and did an ultrasound for himself. This is a great feeling to see that I will have two sets of eyes looking at my ultrasounds every time! We then moved into another room to discuss the ultrasound and pregnancy. He started off explaining his top concern which is the identical twins. With all identical twins, they share a placenta which can cause TTS- which means one twin can transfer too much blood to the other twin. There is a 15% chance of this occurring. This process can be slow and seen through ultrasounds. If this occurs there is a laproscopic procedure that can be done. We will cross that bridge if it comes.
I walked away from this appointment with a lot of knowledge and I feel I have a better idea of what to except. Unfortunately, beside eating healthy and resting- the rest is out of my control! SO ...once again I have to turn to God to help me through the next 22 weeks. I have to pray about all my concerns and worries and have faith that once again he will provide, heal and comfort. I please ask you as well to pray and pray daily for my little babies! Specifically that they do not get TTS and secondly to make it to 32 weeks.
Lastly I want to brag about the wonderful husband that I have. I knew he was a great guy when I married him, and through the years we have fallen more in love. But through the struggles of the past year and the difficulties of the pregnancy already, he has stepped up and has already become "SUPER DAD"! He works long hard days, comes home takes care of the girls, gets them to bed, brings me water, food, medicine etc. I am so thankful for him, and I try to tell him everyday. I along with everyone else who knows Brian, would have never pictured him with 5 kids, let alone triplets. But these five kids have already made him a great dad and I can't wait to see our love grow! Also, bragging on my family who has stepped up as well and cooked, cleaned and taken care of my girls! It truly takes a village....and I'm forever thankful! I can do this!!! We can do this!!!! Keep the prayers coming!
Thanks,
Heather
No comments:
Post a Comment