Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Dreams and Prayers come true!

 It was my 30th Birthday week- this was either going to be really depressing or the best week of my life. Brian and I went in Tuesday morning for my blood test. It took an hour to get the results. The nurse called us back and I couldn't even look at her face, I was too nervous I would read into her facial expressions. We all sat down and she said " Well just like your HPT tests your are POSITIVE"! So of course Brian looks at me and says, " What? You knew and didn't tell me?". I could not believe it, it was true, after 2 years of trying and about 20 negative HPT, our last resort worked!!!
    Our next question was if they thought both had made it. This can sometimes be seen through the Beta numbers. Mine was 70- which was strong but not a good indication of twins. Of course I googled this when I got home and saw that my numbers were a bit high for single, average for twins, but there are extremely high number like in the thousands. I tried not to think to much into it, we would know more by our first ultrasound a week later. I was just thankful to have one extremely healthy baby.
      The following Tuesday I went in and the US tech saw one healthy sac. A little bummed both didn't make it, but knew there was a reason for it. The Dr said small chance they would see a second by next week, but there is a chance..........

No comments:

Post a Comment