Another month has flown by and I can't believe we are approaching July! The triplets turned 7 months today and I can now finally say that life has become hard!!! I knew the honeymoon period would soon come to an end and it finally hit at the beginning of summer. I think partly because I now have all 5 children at home all day with me, even though we think of Ava and Emery as the "easy" ones, they are very typical 4 and 5 year old who still throw fits, require to be entertained and two extra mouths to feed!! As a typical mom I have tried to do it all by myself including taking all 5 to swim every morning, nights by myself while Brian was out of town, run to Walmart for a good behavior gift for the girls,trip to the splash pad and I even attempted taking the triplets to gymnastics. I was successful in doing it all, so it made me feel good that I could still do what I used to do and do it alone, but I will say I have been SUPER tired and my husband will say I have been a tad bit grumpy!So realizing that a very tired and grumpy wife and mom is not who I want to be for my family we are excited for our hired help starting next week! It will be very different by having someone other than family come help with the kids but I think it will be good for everyone! I'm anxious to be able to spend more one on one time with the big girls, maybe take them to a movie, swimming or to a park. I am also looking forward to having some un interrupted editing time and even possibly sneaking in a nap!! I am sure I will still greet Brian at the door to handoff a baby or two but hopefully I can feel a tad bit more refreshed the next day.
I know I've said it before but I have to brag on Brian again, I am so thankful for him EVERYDAY. He has really done an awesome job of working hard all day, sometimes catching a 6:30 am flight to Houston and getting home around 7 or 8 and picking up right where I need him to by giving baths, feeding or putting the kids to bed. Not only has this been a big year for him personally but just last week he got promoted! So I couldn't be more proud as a wife to see that he works just as hard at home as he does at work. There are not too many husbands that encourage their wives to go out and enjoy themselves and they stay at home and tend to 5 kids! I picked a good one!!
Lastly, I'm sure many of you saw the picture of myself with the triplets at the airport. We had been keeping a big secret from my grandparents for months now. My nana, papa and Oma were all supposed to have flown in for Christmas to visit the triplets, but due to a terrible winter and sicknesses they weren't able to visit. So I decided to use all our SWA points and fly my mom, sister and the triplets up to Indiana to surprise them. So my cousin Lee and his wife Ame threw a couples Bridal Shower for my brother and fiancé and had the grandparents to attend. They arrived early so we could have a chance to sit down and chat before the guests arrived. This turned out to be one of the most amazing surprises that either grandparents had ever received! Nana started crying and Oma, well she didn't recognize us for a few minutes until we got closer. After a few seconds of taking it all in we all got hugs and kisses and several " I can't believe this" for the rest of the day. The shower was great and I am so glad Megan and Sean got some great gifts and had a wonderful day with friends and family.
We had a quick but wonderful weekend.Thankful for three great traveling babies. The trip up there all three fell asleep each leg of the trip. The flight attendants fell in love with them and gave them their own wings, held them while the flights changed and didn't want them to go. Of course we couldn't be quite as lucky on the ride home. We had two delays one in Indy and one in Atlanta along with an hour wait on the tarmac. But even through 9 hours of either at an airport or on a plane all three did great. Best traveler award, of course, goes to Annalee with a tie for second place of both the boys. They just couldn't fall asleep with so many faces to look at! It was so funny because Elijah was sooooo tired, but he would stretch his neck around the seat so he could lock eyes with the girl behind us and just give her the biggest smiles. We brought lots of people entertainment and lots of smiles that day! I am so thankful for happy travelers and can't wait once again to see where next month brings us! As you can tell, we never stop!
























No comments:
Post a Comment