Sunday, June 1, 2014

Half a year old!! Oh my!!!












What a very exciting month for our entire family!
First off Ava graduated preschool and is so ready for Kindergarten. She had a wonderful four years at Hosanna Lutheran preschool. The girls have both started  "swim team" in our neighborhood pool in which is not going as planned!! Ava our typically shy and timid one, jumped right in and absolutely LOVES the team. Emery, our typically outgoing daughter has cried every time we go. He haven't quite figured out what the issue is, but we are going to give it one more week!!


 Every month we continue to try new thing and have new "firsts". One which included our first trip to Sam's Club. Brian and I are not lettng anything hold us back being parents of five young children. We soon learned that we would HATE to be famous. We got a small dose of what it would be like. We had a ton of people stop and asks us questions, make comments and even take pictures. We mostly just smiled and said thank you to all the people who told is we were very blessed! It is nice getting them out and about and used to being in public- almost every time someone would talk to them ALL three would smile at them.

Another "first" this month was a family trip to the beach. We went to Orange Beach, which was a quick three hour drive. The babies did great and it was short enough that we were able to unpack the car and get settled in before the next feeding. The bigs girls were super excited about the trip and were counting down the days! They rode with Grandma Heidi on the way up because she had a DVD player and kept her company! Honestly going into the trip I knew that it would be a lot of work everyday and that it wouldn't be much of a vacation just a change of location! In some ways I was correct but in others it was truly a great vacation. At times Brian, my mom and I would take turns "relaxing" or playing with the big girls while the other two would tend to the babies if they were up. The last time I laid and did nothing was when I was near the end of my pregnancy, so to sit on the beach or by a pool and do absolutely NOTHING felt amazing. I'm so used to doing a million things a day and not stopping that getting five kids "beach ready" and going down and up from the beach really was not much different than what I do on a daily basis. 

We are so glad that we don't let anything stop us from doing what we would typically do on a daily basis and we mainly do it for the big girls. We want them to experience everything that they would have before. I have always tried to keep everything as routine as possible for them. One night Mom stayed home with the babies and we took the big girls out on "dates",they felt so special and it's great to spend alone time with them. They have been great big sisters and have transitioned so well.

This month has been so much fun watching all of them grow from newborns into real babies. I feel 5 months was such a turning point. The boys are rolling all over the place from front to back and pivoting allowing them to reach all their toys. Elijah is able to sit unassisted for a few seconds and hopefully Liam won't be too far behind. Annalee still prefers to stay on her back, but pivots as well to get to where she wants. Her latest trick is to stick her tongue out and blow raspberries! She is soooo easy going and we have been especially thankful for that considering the boys have been requiring a little bit more attention lately!! 

I can't wait to share what the summer brings!!! We have a lot in store!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment