Friday, December 20, 2013
Good news and bad news!
Wow, what a week! First we will start off with how great all the babies have done this week! All of them are over 5 lbs and quickly growing day by day. Last weekend I came down with mastitis, which I have never had before. Geez, it was terrible. I had a fever, the shakes and felt like I had the flu. Fortunately I was able to call my Dr and get an antibiotic that night and started feeling back to normal after a day and a half. Unfortunately, due to my fever I had to wait 48 hours before visiting the babies, which broke my heart. Luckily, their good old daddy got to visit and love on them! Tuesday they turned 3 weeks old and was their second day of taking all of their bottles!! So we knew we were getting close to hearing the news that one or both of the boys were getting ready to come home. So by our evening visit the doctor informed us that if the boys did not have any apnea episodes and continued to do well with the bottles that they would be discharged this weekend!!!! What great news, our boys would be home by Christmas!! So knowing this weekend might be it, I thought I better bring Emery into the pediatrician to check her cough she just started having. Thank God I did, because Emery was contagious. So as much as we would love to have the boys home for Christmas, they are safe and healthy in their “hotel" for a little bit longer until we are germ free!! So once again.....we have to patiently wait!! From the very beginning of this journey we have prayed for healthy babies, so waiting a few more days for our prayers to be answered will all be worth it. Chances are we will probably end up bringing them all home at once!!! So we ask that y'all pray for Emery to get over her sickness and we can have a germ free and sick free home until March!!!! We also want to thank everyone again for all of our wonderful dinners! I have been visiting the hospital 2-3 times a day and juggling the girls and their schedule along with Brian putting in his last week of work, the last thing either of us feel like doing is cooking! So thanks again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment