Thursday, December 4, 2014

We survived!

One year,  I can hardly believe it. I honestly can't believe we have accomplished as many things in the first year of having 5 kids as we did. I remember thinking, oh we will just get a double stroller and I will carry the third...I mean we probably won't get out of the house that much.  Boy clothes, oh we don't need many nice matching things, we will just be in the house a lot! WRONG... we haven't slowed down a bit since we brought them home on Christmas Eve! I never knew how great life could be until this year. I love staying busy, it truly is what life is all about, making the most of everyday.

Although we said "We survived the first year of triplets", I feel we might need to have a survival party every year.  For the past several month we have contained the babies into either gates or in our playroom. Unfortunately, after several months of them only seeing the same four walls day after day, they have been wanting out and wanting to explore. For me I know they are super safe in the gates and in the playroom, but I know they are getting bigger and need more entertainment so I spent all day yesterday baby proofing our kitchen and living room. Christmas came early for those three..... they spent the whole day crawling, walking, pushing and babbling between one room to the next. Due to the extra excersise they took 2 and 3 hour naps!! Liam took two steps towards the couch today and they all have taken their "first steps".... they are all getting super close and it gives me a little anxiety, like I'm loosing a little more control over them!!

My mom and I took them to their one year check ups this week..... let's just say we will be taking a third helper from here on out! Until now they all would stay happy and content either in our arms or in the carseats. This was not the case this week. A well check visit for triplets takes an hour and a half! Dr Lablancs office does a great job of sending two nurses to help with weights and measurements and makes the visit go as quickly as possible, but it was not fast enough for these three or should I say this momma and grandma.! Although, they enjoyed crawling all over a new area. Liam enjoyed getting in the bottom of the stroller bag and rocking. I left the visit with three tired babies that ALL had ear infections, but otherwise we had three VERY healthy one year olds.  Our little "runt" Annalee who weighed 4.3 lbs at birth weighed in beating her brothers at 19.6lbs!! It took her a whole year to pass them up, but she finally did it!

I am thankful I have kept up with this blog for a whole year, I look forward to getting it printed and turned into Baby Books for the triplets, this year has all been a fast paced blur and I will enjoy looking back on it in a few years....you know once life slows down a bit and the kids are at "easy ages"... wink wink!























No comments:

Post a Comment